Sunday, December 29, 2013

Bed Bath & Beyond Haul/Review

Taking a break from deep posts, let's do a beauty haul/review! Last night I made a spur-of-the-moment trip to Bed Bath & Beyond with my mom, and I got more products that expected. Don't worry though, not nearly as much as I bought last time! I love Bed Bath & Beyond. Their beauty section is LITERALLY HEAVEN. And they have RealTechniques and EcoTools brushes, which I can't find anywhere else! Oh, and they have everything I'll ever need to organize my room. Among other things, of course.
Disclaimer: I can only wish I was paid to mention any of these products. Also, I'm not bragging. I'm trying to help you guys, telling you what products suck and which products are good.
  • BIC lighter (the long kind!)
    • I love this because I have 2 Bath and Body Works mason jar candles, and the wick goes all the way to the bottom, and this lighter is the only one where I can light them and not risk burning my fingers off! It also has a little metal loop on the back end that clips back onto the lighter itself when you don't need it.
    • YES I will repurchase this when I run out.
  • Almay Smart Shade CC Concealer + Brightener
    • It doesn't get cakey, but it's not very pigmented on the "brightener" side. The other side is fine though. I find myself combining this concealer with other ones because it doesn't do the trick under my eyes. I have severe genetic dark circles, by the way. This doesn't stop me from going midnight shopping makeupless though! Anyways... This concealer does make those dots. I've tried every face primer I own (not to mention eye primer!) and every "cake" consistency concealer does this to some extent. This concealer is not the worst I've tried.
    • Not that I'll ever run out, but NO, I will not repurchase this product.
  • Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eye Pen
    • This is a wonderful felt-tip marker-style eyeliner! The tip is the perfect width, and it tapers just a little bit round, which I love because it makes it so much easier to do winged eyeliner (like I said, I do it pretty much every day!). The only drawback? It's not very opaque. It's weird because it looks opaque on my hand when I swatch it, but when I use it on my eyes, I end up going over it with another, darker, eyeliner. It's good for outlining where you want to line. Or maybe if you don't want too dramatic an eyeliner look. But the thing is, I always want a dramatic eyeliner look.
    • I don't know if I'll repurchase this. If I end up using it a lot, I will. If I don't use it a lot, I won't.
  • Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser
    • This is one of those products (like the Urban Decay Complexion Primer Potion) that makes your makeup sort of... Slide around your face. It really makes my skin feel soft (although that might just be because I take good care of it), and, when I apply foundation on top, my pores really are gone. It has a consistency and texture similar to the Urban Decay Complexion Primer Potion, but it's much cheaper, as Urban Decay is a department store/Sephora brand. This product is named after the Baby Lips, which are the best lip product ever. The reason I picked this up in the first place was because Macbarbie07, or Bethany Mota, on YouTube got hers in Japan a while ago! What I'm thinking is, why did the U.S. just get it NOW? Huh, Maybelline!?
    • YES, I will most definitely repurchase this!
  • EOS hand lotion (the green one!)
    • It smells melony. The scent is so amazing. And it's very moisturizing. The size is perfect to stick in your purse in the winter. The packaging is so cute, it's like a flat little egg! The other one I saw was blue, and it had no scent. The only downfall is that it's a little hard to store, seeing as you either have to store it flat on its back or on its side, and risk it rolling away. For this great product, I can overlook this!
    • YES of course I will repurchase this!!
  • RealTechniques Setting Brush
    • I think it's too small for powdering/setting your makeup. It would take a while to powder your whole face. Unless you're a baby. Anyway, when I bought it, I had concealer in mind. I find it great for applying liquid concealer. I got the idea of using this sized brush for concealer from Michelle Phan on YouTube. I guess you could also use it to blend eyeshadow, but it might be too big if you're doing a strictly lid look or strictly lid and crease.
    • YES, I'd repurchase for a friend. I wouldn't need another, because this one will probably last me for the rest of my life. I clean my brushes regularly!
  • Tweezerman tweezers in pink
    • I don't exactly want to pay anyone to rip my eyebrows out with wax in an unnatural shape. So I do it at home! I used to use a stencil, but now I just follow my natural brow line. (Fun fact: I used to cut my brows too. Bad idea! I was basically brow-bald. Luckily, I had the sense to grow them back and buy brow gel.) Anyway, these tweezers grab so well! My last pair was by Revlon and was encrusted with rhinestones. The rhinestones dug into my fingers while I was plucking, which was not fun. These smooth tweezers come with a cap-type thing so you can store them without poking yourself. I wonder if tweezers get dull, because my last pair used to grab hairs better than they do now.
    • If these get dull, YES I'll repurchase.
  • Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Face Wash (the smaller bottle, it's green)
    • I've only had it since yesterday, but I can tell you I haven't broken out since then....
  • 2 Pack of knit gloves: Gold-and-cream fingerless gloves and white touchscreen gloves with gray fingertips for the touchscreen thing on the thumbs and pointer fingers
    • Fingerless gloves: The gold color is really nice, and I love fingerless gloves because, though they look a little Ash-from-Pok√©mon-ish, whenever I wear gloves, I feel disabled because I can't feel the texture of anything, and I can't do certain things with my hands. With fingerless gloves, I can!
    • Touchscreen gloves: I'm not sure if I like the two-different-colors thing, with the gray fingertips on the thumb and pointer fingers, but these gloves sure are useful! I can still use my electronics (haha, yes I'm wearing these gloves right now and using my laptop's touch pad!) These will come in handy when it's too cold for fingerless gloves.
    • If my gloves get dirty (they have cream color on them), YES I'll repurchase them. And if I find the same 2-pack (haha, get it? Tupac?), I'll get them in a different color.
I figure since this is a makeup post, why not give you some bonus?

Makeup Tip: If possible, do your makeup near a window, using natural light. This way, you'll be able to tell if you're wearing the wrong foundation color! I have made the "wrong foundation color" mistake way too many times because I do my makeup before school at 6:20 AM, when it's usually still dark out! So, if you know me in person, please forgive the fact that my face is usually a different color than my body. If you do your makeup using light bulb light, since this light is usually yellow-tinted, you'll THINK you're wearing the right foundation color, because in this light, it matches your skin tone. And then when you walk outside, BAM! You're wearing the wrong color.

Makeup of the day: Maybelline Baby Skin primer, Covergirl Clean foundation, Covergirl loose powder, Almay Smart Shade CC Cream concealer, Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser concealer, Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eye Pen, NYX The Curve Liquid Eyeliner, NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder, L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara, Maybelline Great Lash clear mascara (as brow gel), Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Lemonade.
Condensed: Primer, foundation, 2 concealers, loose powder, 2 liquid eyeliners, brow powder, clear mascara as brow gel, and lipstick.
Nail polish: Nails- Orly sparkly dark green (doesn't have a name); Toes- Essie's Mint Candy Apple

361 days till Christmas
The 362nd day of the year
2 days left in 2013!!!
2 days until New Year's Eve!!!

1 comment:


  1. Buy bedding online from Australia’s best online bedding store, Cotton Affairs, direct from the manufacturer. Cotton Affairs is Australia’s leading retailer of bedding, bath and dining products. Our bedding collection includes a wide range of bedlinen, quilts, quilt covers, sheets, doonas, duvet covers, blankets, bedspreads, pillowcases and more! We can provide you the best online shopping experience. Our selection ranges from the most luxurious Egyptian cotton bed sheets right though to practical quilt and doona covers. All available online for a great price!

    Bed bath

    ReplyDelete