Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Braggarts & My Pessimism

 

First and foremost, I want to wish you a merry Christmas, for those who observe the holiday.
 
Disclaimer: This is not me being jealous of people who got iPhones for Christmas. If you know me, you know this isn't the case. As to be polite and un-hypocritical, I will not share with you a vital piece of evidence that would prove I am not jealous of new iPhone owners.
 
Dear Christians,
Christmas is a holiday not about giving and bragging about what you just got. It's about remembering Jesus and his being born. Please don't let Hallmark and Apple take over YOUR holiday, as it has many others' holidays. And please, PLEASE don't brag about your new stuff. It's annoying for those of us who are less fortunate.
 
Braggarts: Instagram Pictures of New Possessions
I have seen FAR too many people posting Instagram (yes, Instagram. The place for posting artsy photos. The braggarts didn't even bother posting it on the right social media site--Facebook, the place for posting photos of your friends, fun photos, etc.) pictures of people's iPhone boxes. Yes, believe it or not, we all already know what an iPhone box looks like, from the other 5 million identical posts on Instagram! They use the excuse of "New iPhone! Comment your numbers!"
There are many things wrong with that statement.
  • Who in their right mind would post their phone number for the public (not to mention kidnappers) to see?
  • Who in their right mind would ask their friends to do so?
  • Please, kindly sync your old phone to your computer, then your new one to your computer, to transfer Contacts to your heart's content, instead of risking your friends' safety.
  • I could pick out any of  those numbers on that list, and call them or text them, and then eventually lure them into a dark alley and kidnap them. Anyone could. Have some common sense!
 
Braggarts: Disclaimers on YouTube
In all of those Makeup Collection/Storage videos, or What's on My iPhone 5s videos, the YouTubers always start with a similar disclaimer. It goes like this: "I'm only doing this video because it was highly requested. I'm not bragging or anything." But then again, people without iPhones or people who have small makeup collections are forced to say something like, "I'm not content with my makeup collection yet, so once I collect some more makeup, I'll do that video."
Yeah. Not bragging? Think twice.
 
What's your problem, why do you get annoyed about so many things?
My brother asked me this question. I really did consider it. I wasn't going to tell you guys, but this blog post ended up being really short. So I'll go ahead and tell you.
My problem is that I'm too observant. I can't help but notice when someone has a lisp. Or when someone spelled something wrong, or when someone pronounced something wrong in French.
True, I'm sure I pronounce a lot of things wrong in French myself, and there are some things I have trouble spelling. (Although, I do not have a lisp. Thank the heavens.) But I just can't STOP myself. I notice everything. I notice all imperfections. Not just in human complexions, but in pronunciation, spelling errors, etc. It's not my fault. And that's why most of my blog posts are just complaining!
And if you don't like that, you have my permission to leave this website and then go jump off a bridge.
My blog is based off of complaints; things that annoy me. Originally, it was supposed to be a Jenna Marbes-type blog. But I guess it just turned into complaining. Of course, Jenna does plenty of that. But she does other things too, that I don't.
I bet a lot of you agree with and can relate to the things I complain about. But for some of them, maybe you hadn't even noticed before, until I brought it to your attention.
This reasoning is also why I correct my mom when she says "dawg" instead of "dog" or "frawg" instead of "frog." That's why when my dad messes up his he/shes, I have to point it out.
 
I'm a pessimist. A proud one, at that. That having been said, I'm trying to be more optimistic. I'm trying to also stop pointing things out when they annoy me. It's my New Year's resolution. I don't usually do New Years resolutions. But that might be because I've never had anything I needed to promise myself I'd do.
 
Today is:
Christmas day
The 358th day of the year
 6 days left in 2013
 6 days until New Year's Eve


No comments:

Post a Comment