Friday, December 27, 2013

Don't Live to Impress

Here's some examples of people who live to impress.
  • People who buy a product just for the title or the bragging rights
  • Girls who lean down and squeeze their arms against their boobs so people can view their racks
  • Boys who take shirtless selfies; they're especially trying to brag if they flex their muscles while they take the selfie
  • Girls who wear something just because they think it will appeal to guys.
  • Bandwagon products: people who want something just because everyone else has it, or do something because everyone else is doing it, etc.
People who buy a product just for the title and bragging rights
Little kids with iPhones. They don't know how great iPhones are, and how many awesome features they have. They want an iPhone because their mommy and daddy have one, or because their big sister has one. Or they want an iPhone because they can brag to all their little friends about how they have an awesome phone, and their friends don't have phones at all.

Bandwagon
People who drink at a club because everyone else is, or because of peer pressure. You don't have to give in to peer pressure. If you do give in, it's because you don't want to disappoint. But who cares if you disappoint? You don't live just for other people.

To recap, don't do everything because of other people. Do things because YOU want to. Be your own person. Don't do things because everyone else is doing it. Don't do things because it will impress other people. Impress YOURSELF! But also, don't NOT do things because everyone else is doing it. Don't NOT do things because nobody else is doing it. Try not to care whether or not everyone else is doing it. Decide for yourself if you should do it or not. Don't let the bandwagons influence you.
It's human nature to care what others think of you, but try not to. Be yourself, make your own decisions, and if you really are a good person inside, you WILL have friends. It's not just decisions that make people be or not be your friends. It's also your personality. Be nice, kind, and friendly, and no matter if you're a good person or bad, people will probably still want to be your friend.

Don't buy an iPhone so you can brag to your friends about it. Buy one because you want its features. I challenge you to buy an expensive product, for example an iPhone, and don't tell anyone. If they ask, fine, go ahead and tell them! You're just answering the question. But don't go around broadcasting that you just got an iPhone. It just makes other people feel jealous and uncomfortable.

That's what I'm doing with my iPhone, and I hope you try and follow in my footsteps. We could make the world a better place, and minimize jealousy. :)
However, before I actually GOT my iPhone, I told a FEW (not everyone, not all of my friends) people that I might be getting an iPhone, and I guess word got around, and I've had a few people ask me if I ended up getting an iPhone. On the other hand, people that aren't in my friend group won't know that I might have been getting an iPhone. And people who knew and forgot don't need to be told either. If they ask, I'll tell 'em. If they don't, it's none of their beeswax.

363 days till Christmas
The 360th day of the year
4 days left in 2013
4 days until New Year's Eve
(if you have any suggestions for other countdowns I should do, let me know! If you know me in person, you can email/text me, or if you don't, comment below. After New Years is over, I'll only have the Christmas countdown and Day #.)

No comments:

Post a Comment