This is a pre-written post. So this all happened on Thursday. The thing is, I already had a pre-written post lined up for Thursday! So that's why this is being posted today. The reason I prewrite posts is because I write whenever I have an idea about what to write about, but I don't want to mess up my posting schedule. Okay, let's get on with this post already.
Clumsy things I did today:
- I performed in a chorus concert today (after school), and the only black shoes I own (black on bottom, white on top concert dress code) are 3-inch heels (they're super cute. Sparkly, with a bow on the toe). Super uncomfortable. Contrary to popular belief, I dislike wearing these because of the aforementioned uncomfortable-ness. Anyway, my friend forgot something on the floor above. We went up there (it's where the boys met before the performance) and got what she needed. On the way down the 1 flight of stairs, I sort of tripped but caught myself (twice!), right in front of a bunch of boys.
- To add to this story, when I was traveling up the (quite many) stairs from the stage (after the first half of the performance), I heard one of the boys say "Don't fall, Julia!" LOL. That's all I can say. I should probably be embarrassed. Whatever.
- During science, we were doing an experiment, and one of the first steps was to measure out 5 mL of water, pour it into a test tube, and mass it on the electronic balance. I knocked over someone else's 5 mL of water on the balance. It got on their notebook. No pen smeared on the page though. "This is a NEW NOTEBOOK! OH my GOD. WHY did you do that?!" Um, do you think I meant to do that?
- A couple days ago, my driveway was a complete sheet of ice (it's better now), and I slipped and fell (I was in a rush; late for the bus stop). Luckily nobody witnessed it, but I hurt my tailbone when I hit the ground.
- I sat on the side of the coffee table, hard, by accident. I didn't know it was there. But I hurt my tailbone, again! (that was today.)
- This may or may not have to do with clumsiness, but today since we had the chorus concert (there was an in-school one and an after-school one), I had to wear black pants to school. We're not allowed to wear yoga pants/leggings (but no matter, I don't have any, anyway, since mine have the hole in the back, as mentioned in previous blog posts), so I wore an old pair of black jeggings. They fit fine! I'm still the same size! They were just old! And guess what? I noticed right before the concert itself that there was a hole on the left thigh. Horizontal. Huge gash.
- And we can't forget about the spilling-my-lunch-all-over-myself and ketchup-squirting incidents at lunch. Oh, and that one time I ripped a hole in the knee of a different pair of jeggings. And then a few days later, I wore the same pair, because I got a new one of the same exact thing, and I thought I was wearing the new ones, until I got to school.
- I think I've just about had my fair share of ruining clothes.
- Anyway, I couldn't do anything about the hole in my black jeggings. So I wore 'em anyway for the in-school concert and tried not to move my legs too much (which would make the hole more visible). For the after school concert, I could either wear my black pencil skirt with white dots and tights (tried them on, looked horrible), or my yoga pants with the hole. So I hand-sewed up the hole, and wore the yoga pants. Oh, well. Luckily, I'm a good sewer and the hole didn't pop open!
The official start of winter break
The 355th day of the year
10 days left in 2013
10 days until New Year's Eve
4 days until Christmas (EEEEEE!)