Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Insecure. Don't Judge a Book By its Cover

I understand insecurities. I have them. I won't tell you what they are, because I'm not begging for compliments (although I will tell you I have a cowlick in my hair that I despise).
They always say popular girls are insecure. But what reason do they have to be insecure? That's what they never tell you.
People are insecure because society has trained us to look for the ideal. The ideal body shape, nose, hair. We have all been trained that way. We look for the ideal in ourselves. That's why we compare ourselves to Photoshopped models on the covers of teen magazines.

Let's be real. Not all models are Photoshopped. But we're never gonna look like that. Face it. All we can do is be healthy, and learn to love ourselves before loving other people.
As long as I live, I'll just be me. I can't teleport between bodies. Neither can you (I don't think). I know it's hard to accept, but you'll never be someone else. You'll always have your body, your nose, your hair.
You can't change everything about yourself, but there are some things you can change.
You can eat healthier, study more, be more positive, and change your attitude. I'm trying to do those things too. I will become a better person, but that doesn't mean I'll look better to the naked eye.

Don't be fooled by someone's looks; don't judge a book by its cover.
Take a chance and befriend someone who might need a friend. Who knows? You could be saving a life (yes, I am quoting this from the assembly last week). And if you believe in karma, someone might do the same for you.

We are hard on ourselves. You might think you look/act/etc. a lot worse than you really do. Maybe you think you're mean, but nobody else does. Remember that you judge you a lot harder than other people do.

Okay, maybe you are mean. It's nothing you can't change. Take baby steps, and try being more positive first, then at some point, maybe you'll wake up and find that you've transformed yourself into a way better person.

For all I know, you might take this post with a grain of salt. After all, I'm a stranger-slash-psychology blogger. But please, consider what I've said. Don't adopt my views and spread them as your own. Think about what I've said and use it as inspiration to find the view on insecurities that you believe in.
If you really consider it, and you agree with every word I said, "if you wanna make the world a better place, then look at yourself and make a change." -"Mirror" by Michael Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment