Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Enjoy Life

I used to think to myself, "I will start enjoying life when I get to high school." But it wouldn't be fair to myself not to let me enjoy life now. What if I die tomorrow? Then I'll have wasted my life.
I'm hoping high school will be fun with all the new privileges (cell phone on all day? Yes, please!), but that doesn't mean I shouldn't have fun today. If I just go to school, do my homework, and go to bed every week day, and on the weekends spend my whole Sunday on homework and 1 hour of sports, what kind of life would that be? I have a friend like that, and she is the definition of "no life."
She, on the other hand, isn't waiting for anything. She's planning on having no life forever. What is her will to live, I don't know. To spend every Saturday watching Netflix?
Don't wait to enjoy life. Enjoy it now. If watching Netflix and eating ice cream floats your boat, go ahead and do that!
We are all forced to do things we don't want to do. Vacuum, wake up early for school, do homework, etc. But that doesn't mean you can't fill up your free time with things you DO want to do.
Don't study 24/7. I'm sure you don't want to study all the time. So don't. Get slightly worse grades and have a little extra time to enjoy yourself. Make good use of time that isn't spent completing mandatory homework.
Your life can be based on school, or sports, or whatever, but also leave time for fun. (It's a different story if you enjoy school/sports/etc.)

1 comment:

  1. who do you know who has no life? i'm pretty sure everyone has a life of some sort...but hehe "if watching netflix and eating ice cream floats yous boat" that was funny.

    ReplyDelete