Saturday, February 8, 2014

My All-Time Makeup Favorites & Tips

Sorry again for posting this so late in the day, I just remembered I had a blog post to write.
  • Nude lipstick: Maybelline lipstick in Bare All (matches my skin tone amazingly, and is very opaque)
  • Bubblegum pink lipstick: Baby Lips in Pink Wink (limited edition, sorry I couldn't come up with one that's permanent)
  • Mascara: L'Oreal Telescopic (it is super smooth, by this I mean no clumps, glides right through my lashes, very lengthening and thickening)
  • Clear lip balm: Maybelline Baby Lips, but Softlips comes in a close second.
  • Tinted lip balm: Maybelline Baby Lips
  • Brow gel: Sonia Kashuk for Target
  • Nude eyeshadow palette: The Balm's Nude 'Tude palette
  • Powder: Maybelline Fit Me
  • Concealer: Maybelline Fit Me
  • Eyeshadow brand: The Balm, but I'm not very picky
  • Makeup remover: Neutrogena anti-acne grapefruit makeup remover wipes
  • Lipgloss: Clinique Superbalm (because it's moisturizing), but Smashbox lipglosses come in second for opacity and non-stickiness
  • Face primer: Almay Smart Shade
  • Pore erasing face primer: Maybelline Baby Skin
  • BB cream: Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream
  • Liquid eyeliner: Revlon Colorstay felt-tip marker liner, the tip is tapered (more rounded) instead of just straight to a point, so it does all the wing work for me. And it's not too black, so it's good for a less BAM look. (I used to say my favorite is the Rimmel Micro liner, but I switched. I found that one's too small a tip.)
  • Foundation: Covergirl Clean foundation (I find that it creases a bit, so I prefer BB cream).
  • Red lipstick: I have a neutral/cool undertone in my skin, so Kate Moss for Rimmel's lipstick in 09.
  • Mauve lipstick: Clinique Different lipstick in Shy
  • Cream shadow: NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils, super smooth and easy to apply, doesn't require fingers to dip. The Maybelline Color Tattoos don't apply evenly for me.
So, you can tell I like Maybelline. I amazed that I have developed favorites, because I use every product I own equally. Like, one day I will wear these eyeshadows, and the next day I'll wear those. I'll admit I don't as often use the face products that don't fit my skin tone anymore (I lost my tan from summer), or the ones that do fit my skin tone but aren't true to color. Ex. Covergirl loose powder.

Some makeup Tips:
  • The best makeup is the one nobody can see (I disagree with this for the eyes, but for the face I 100% agree... Easier said than done!)
  • Learn from YouTube videos!
  • Use bronzer not all over your face, but use it to contour under your cheekbones, the sides of your forehead, and the sides of your nose.
  • You don't always need to use a brush. Just use clean fingers. :)
  • Only buy makeup when you need it. If you have all you need, don't buy any more. But if you lose your tan, you'll suddenly need new face products. If your mascara brush falls off (like mine!), you'll need a new mascara. Buy products when you FEEL like it only so often. I'm trying to do this lately. I like to buy new products about once a month, so I can get excited about doing my makeup in the morning.
  • Don't overdo it. Ex. Don't wear a smoky eye to school.
  • You don't need to wear makeup every day. Some days, you can go makeup-less, or just mascara and brow gel.
OK, I hope I helped some of you out there, or at least I entertained you!

No comments:

Post a Comment