Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Stories 5: Girl Power

I know this is my second post today. I decided to post this one today because it happened today and it's going to be short.

You know how I told you we recently got round tables in the lunchroom at my school? Well, my friends and I always sat at table #32. (I'm not sure if this is the exact number, but let's just use it as the example.) When we got the round tables, table #32 became round. Some tables are still rectangular, by the way. The point is that we deserve a round table because that was always our table from day 1 of free seating. (We had assigned seats at lunch until the middle of 7th grade.) We've sat at that table for 1 and a half grades. It is OUR table. In fact, the rectangular table used to have my nail polish on it (inspired by Massie Block of course, since I was obsessed with The Clique series by Lisi Harrison back then).
So everyone's clamoring to get to lunch first and take one of the round tables.
I got to lunch probably about 45 seconds or a minute after the bell rings to leave class for lunch. I was the first of my friends to get there. I saw a group of guys (I recognized most of them) about to sit down at our table. I don't usually do things like this, but I said, "Uh, excuse me. That's our table." And to my surprise, they went, "Oh, sorry," and left! I honestly thought they'd tell me to jump in a lake or something. I am proud of myself for standing up for my round lunch table. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment