Thursday, March 6, 2014

Dear Winter, Enough is Enough

Photo credit to guestofaguest.com
"Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it." -Russell Baker
To be fair, I got that quote off Yahoo Answers.

I've had enough of winter, as I'm sure has everyone else. As an inhabitant of a cold place, it's still freezing cold here. Oh, how I wish I lived in Hawaii right now. Of course, during the height of summer, I'm sure I'd say the opposite if I lived in Hawaii.
I've had enough winter. It's been winter for months. And months. IT'S ENOUGH! Why can't summer and winter be for equal lengths of time? Is that so much to ask? I guess it evens out though, because I spend more time away from school in the summer.
How did this outburst come about, you might ask?
Yesterday, I went out to lunch with my friends and we stopped at an (unnamed, for security's sake) expensive boutique. You know those Spandex-type shorts? Yeah, the ones that are basically spandex knockoffs. They claim to be "seamless" (though they're not) and one-size-fits-all. So we were at this boutique. Everything there costs $30 or above. Then we found the knockoff Spandex. My friend tried them on, and I was too lazy to try them on. But she proved they are one-size-fits-all, so that was all I needed to know. We both bought black ones for $12! It was pretty much a steal for that store. We're planning on wearing them under skirts or shorts (you know, the butt-bearing short shorts. It's like insurance). I used to wear this old pair of loose, black, cotton shorts under skirts, but they were annoyingly baggy. I like wearing shorts under skirts so I don't have to be careful about not spinning and having my skirt blow heavenward in the wind. Anyway, now I have a solution to sheer skirts!

FLASHBACK TIME. One day, I wore this awesome orange H&M skirt. I came home, and my brother instantly pointed out that he could see my underwear through them! I'd been wearing them like that all day! So I looked in the mirror, and it was true. Woops.

So... then I started thinking about skirts, I tried on my shorts with a skirt over it, and I remembered how much I love skirts. I miss wearing skirts! I am tired of wearing constrictive jeans! Jeans are so uncomfortable, I want to wear shorts and skirts again!
As I was thinking about shorts, I thought about my legs, and I decided to get fit for summer. It probably won't work in time since I'm currently so out of shape. So, I'm going to be doing minimal crunches and lunges (and maybe a few push-ups here and there). I'm hoping to get a better stomach and thighs. But I won't get to show off my new fit-ness until the summer, when I will get to wear cute clothes again!
During the winter, I always wear jeans and a T-shirt, plus Uggs or Hunters. During the summer, I wear shorts and a T-shirt, a skirt and shirt, or sundress, plus Keds, sandals, or flip-flops. You tell me which is more stylish (not to mention more comfortable)!
And, to make it worse, stores sell summer stuff in the winter, so during the winter when I buy summer stuff, I can't wear it until summer! How about you hold off on the summer stuff until SUMMER?

Sorry about all the skipping around topics.

NEW SCHEDULE! If you really like my blog, you probably won't like this. But now I'll be posting 2 or 3 times a week instead of 3 or 4 times a week. Previously, I posted every other day. But that can be inconvenient because I am on a swim team and have other things to do. So here's the new schedule: I will post every 3 days. So let's say I post on Monday, my next post will be on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment