Sunday, March 9, 2014

Exercise Sucks


We all know gaining weight is easier than losing it. Well, I've been "exercising" lately and I (obviously) don't see a difference yet. I started doing this on Friday.

My routine: 2 sets of
  • 50 crunches (in 2 sets of 25)
  • 10 push-ups
  • 100 lunges
(Plus whatever other exercise I may do that day, like swimming or running.)
My friends' and my goal: get bikini ready by summer! In case you don't know me in person, we aren't fat, just not totally skinny and runway-ready. We also don't want that fat bulge coming out of the bottom of our shorts.
My focus: thighs and core

So, we know exercising is tough and annoying. I've always been too lazy to actually exercise. This resulted in me being out of shape. So I'm going to do my "routine" every day from now on. When it gets too easy, I'll bump it up and double it or add 50% extra to each set.

In the meantime, I will tell you how much I hate exercising.
I am really bad at swimming and running. I went for my first run ever today, and though I didn't get as tired as quickly as I expected (swimming is apparently good for something), it sucked. I had to walk a lot of the way, and I stopped for a Hi-Chew break (it's a candy). I also had chicken nuggets. And to make it more annoying, my pedometer app crashed and didn't record the fist 2/3 of my run/walk. In the part the app recorded, I walked 6639 steps for 58 minutes and burned 101 calories. That's not even a chocolate bar! Are you kidding me?! All that for just 101 calories! And now my thighs are sore! And I'm going to have to do that every weekend now. Just great. I'm sure what I ate cancelled out what I burned off, too.
UGH. I'm so lazy, I really don't want to do this. But I know it will pay off when I am more fit.
I can't believe I just wasted my whole day on that. Some parts were fun, but my headphones kept falling off! That just made it that much more annoying.

If you're wondering, I'm calling it "exercise" rather than exercise because I refuse to tell people I'm exercising. So I tell them I'm "quote-unquote exercising."

Anyway... It felt like I haven't posted in ages, even though in reality, it's only been 3 days. Well, look out for a new post on Wednesday! I hope you can relate to this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment