Saturday, March 15, 2014

Hypocrisy


I was thinking recently about how hypocritical I am on this blog. I always say "don't judge a book by its cover," and "no shame." Yet I post things like My Pet Peeves and People Who ____. By disliking people who do my pet peeves, I am judging them, even though I don't know them. Thus, I'm judging a book by its cover.
I like to think I'm not being a hypocrite by doing this, but I totally am. Even though I don't like it when people do certain things, I try not to judge them based upon that thing they did that I don't like. Let's say someone has a cracked phone screen. I will try to not judge them (as in thinking they're a bad person because they might be careless with their expensive phone) based on that. Although I will judge them if they are, let's say, mean.
See, I never said "don't judge" because judging is human nature. If someone does something bad, we will assume they're a bad person. But you should try to not judge someone based on one thing they did, whether it's bad or good.

No comments:

Post a Comment