Wednesday, March 19, 2014

I'm Happy


It is a fact that in general, I am a happy person. And now it's time for the story part of my post today.

As you might know (since people I know are the only ones who read my blog), there was a turning point in my life.
In sixth and seventh grade (I don't even remember about elementary school), I was pretty cynical and sarcastic. I think this is why I became friends with one particular girl who's sarcastic and cynical who's still one of my best friends (you know who you are!). Now to her I'm this happy person and she's this cynical person. I, apparently, am happy! I came to realize this when that particular friend told me this yesterday on our walk to math class. Then, later yesterday, my friend nicknamed me SpongeBob in her phone contacts because I'm always happy. It's funny because I didn't know I was such a happy person. I've always thought I was pretty sarcastic. I tend to comment on peoples' bad haircuts and such. I think that inside, I am a sarcastic person who tends to find the dark in everyone rather than the light, but I hide it well. However, hiding it made it come true. Ever heard the saying "fake it till you make it"? That's basically what I did. I faked being happy until I actually became happy!
My turning point was some time around the second quarter of eighth grade. I guess I just realized it's time. Being cynical isn't making me feel any better.

And now I am proud to say I'm a happy person.
But why? What makes me happy?
  • I am alive and not a zombie (I recently watched a bunch of zombie movies...)
  • Makeup is my outlet
  • I have two adorable, lovable cats so I never feel lonely
  • I have amazing friends (and family... I think. JUST KIDDING!)
  • I am not very insecure, I'm pretty comfortable with who I am
  • I do whatever the fuck I want, regardless of what other people think (to an extent)
  • I try to forget about the little things that bother me.
  • My friends make me smile, and they make me feel better when I'm down
You have to realize all the things you have to be grateful for. It could be worse! I mean, what if you were Buffy the Vampire Slayer? How hard would it be to balance vampire slaying, school, and a social life? How awful would it be to have all those people counting on JUST YOU to slay all the vampires? Okay, whatever. (I will admit I've watched 11 episodes of Buffy so far, and they're each an hour long.)

The message is: you can be happy too. Just try.

No comments:

Post a Comment