Thursday, March 27, 2014

I'm Obsessive & Beauty Gurus

I have come to the conclusion that I am  obsessive. Things I do that are obsessive...
  • I get obsessed easily. I am currently obsessed with New Girl (TV show).
  • I'm long-term obsessed with
    • Cats
    • My favorite bands (Nirvana, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Radiohead, Madeon, Skrillex, Madonna, Marina and the Diamonds)
    • Mint (anything mint. Candy canes, peppermint gum--NOT WINTERMINT and NOT SPEARMINT, peppermint-scented bath salt...)
  • I'm obsessed with makeup, but I'm not sure if it's long-term or temporary.
  • I used to be obsessed with Minecraft.
  • I'm definitely obsessed with phone cases.
  • I am OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) about a lot of things.
    • My sweatshirt string (the one that goes around the hood). One side can't be longer than the other.
    • If I leave a drawer or cabinet open, I MUST close it again.
    • If my eyeliner isn't perfect or doesn't match on both eyes, I have to take it off.
  • I'm obsessed with clothes, outfits, and shopping.
  • I am obsessed with the things I hate. I know, it sounds crazy. But it's true. If I hate something, I have to complain about it. A lot. That's where my rants come from.
Now let's talk about beauty gurus on YouTube. I love them because watching their videos is entertaining (even though they don't teach my anything new. I already know everything they could teach me). But I hate some of them.
I won't target any specific beauty gurus because that would be "hating on" them, but some beauty gurus don't actually know how to use makeup.
I mean, I'll let it go if you choose the wrong foundation color. But if you don't know how to do winged eyeliner, can you really be a beauty guru? Believe it or not, some beauty gurus don't know how to do winged eyeliner.
Some don't wear ANY makeup on a regular basis. Some wear the same exact simple makeup in every Get Ready With Me video and every Morning Routine video. I know how you do that now. Do you need to show us 1000 times? As for the wrong color foundation, I completely sympathize. I know that you can never match your real skin color unless you buy your makeup in broad daylight, which most stores don't have tons of windows. That I get. But the other stuff? A non-beauty guru (me) can do makeup better than beauty gurus? I think that doesn't mean I'm good at makeup. That means the beauty gurus need to step up their game. And I don't want to see the same thing repeatedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment