Monday, March 17, 2014

Wuv vs. Luv vs. Love vs. ILY

If your friend has ever done something really nice for you or said something really kind, you want to say something more than "thank you sooooo much," but what do you say?
You can say "ily" but that can be taken the wrong way. We NEED a word that means "love" but in a friendly way, not a romantic way. You wouldn't say "I love you" to a friend.

So I say we make a new word. You know how when you're using your cute-animal/pet voice, and you say "I love you," and it comes out like "I wuv you?" That's where I came up with that. Because you love your friends in the same way you love your cat (come on, we already knew I am a crazy cat teenager). You wouldn't date your cat (well, I might, but that's besides the point), but you love them in a you're-so-great kind of way. That's what "wuv" should represent.

Now as for "luv." This is something you'd say as an abbreviation for "Love, Julia" at the end of a letter or "I love cats" when you're texting your friends. You wouldn't say "I luv you" to your friends because it could be interpreted as a "can we date" sort of thing. You could say "I luv you" to your parents because a lot of people tell their parents they "love" them, so "luv" would be acceptable too. I guess you can replace "love" with "luv" in any situation, except for those that require "wuv."

Get it? Ok, good. Now if you are friends with me, you can start saying "wuv." Because my friends do a lot of nice things for me and sometimes I just need to express my gratitude in a non-creepy way.

Glad I got that post out there today, I was a little worried I'd be stuck doing another tag post, and nobody likes those (I think).

No comments:

Post a Comment