Monday, April 28, 2014

Love vs. Attraction

Hey, so I know it's been a while since I posted, but you know how I post when I think of something to write about.

LOVE VS. ATTRACTION. It's a complicated topic. There's a fine line between love and attraction.

Love: you care about this person and find what they say interesting. You want a long-term relationship with this person, and if this isn't possible, you will settle for friendship. You find this person physically attractive because you love them so much, not because they're actually good-looking (although they might be).

Attraction: you would like to date this person and enjoy flirting with them. In some cases, you wouldn't want to be friends with them. You find this person physically attractive.

The reason I made this post is that I think too many people have crushes on people they don't really know.
So now let's tone this "love" thing down to a middle (almost high) school level. Most people have crushes on people they're attracted to but don't actually "like like." They like the idea of that person but not the person themselves. So they don't really have a crush on that person.
An example of love are SaphiraFashion (on YouTube) and her boyfriend Michael. They really seem to love each other, from what I can see. However, I think the majority of middle and high school couples are attracted to each other, not in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment