Friday, April 4, 2014

Things Certain People Don't Understand

This post will mostly be about things certain groups of people don't usually understand about teenagers, but there's one section about things people don't understand about me personally.
 
KEY
[] = My friend Caroline
[] = My friend Lauren
 
  • Things parents don't understand
    • Crop tops aren't slutty when you wear them with a high waisted skirt/pants/shorts. You can't even see any tummy!
    • Spaghetti strap tanks aren’t slutty either.
    • Don't come into my room when the door is closed and leave the door open when you walk out. I closed it for a reason. I want my privacy, no matter what I'm doing!
    • Please knock and wait for a reply before you come into my room. What if I were changing and forgot to lock the door?
    • If I’m doing something without being worried, it’s not dangerous or unsafe.
    • My phone is like your car, don't touch it.
    • Don’t tell me how to spend my own money.
    • Saying “maybe” is not the same as “no.” We know that 90% of the time, when you say “maybe” it means “no.”
    • We text each other in the morning before school and after school, too. What are you gonna do about it?
    • If I say I don’t want to talk about it, don’t try to talk about it with me. I don’t want to talk about who I’m crushing on with you. And you know why? Because you’ll probably blab it to the worst person and it’s awkward! I agree so much with this.
    • Do not try to take my phone.  Ever.
    • I don’t care if this was a huge hit when you were younger, I don’t want to listen to it.
    • Believe it or not we actually don’t text each other while in the same room.
    • Rated R in the 80’s was different than it is today.
    • I don’t care if you don’t like these pants, you were wearing much worse pants in the 70s.
  • Things friends don't understand
    • Don't touch my phone! Also, just because I don't want you to touch my phone doesn't mean I have anything to hide. Friends tend to understand this but don't obey it.
    • Don’t be a know-it-all.
    • Movies are too expensive to see one every weekend. Yes, I would like to see Divergent too, but I'd rather wait and get it on DVD.
    • I will on occasion get angry, like a normal human.
    • Please don’t act like you’re better than me.
    • No I’m not going to study for that, don’t judge me.
  • Things siblings don't understand
    • If you come into my room just as I’m going to bed, I will not be wearing a bra, and I don’t like to be seen like that. Deal with it.
    • Don’t steal my conditioner!!! I need that!!!
    • Yes, you CAN tell when I’m on my period because the trash is full all the time. Don’t comment on it.
    • knock before entering my room Just because you're not my parents doesn't mean I want you coming into my room without any prior notice.
    • don't tell me what to do, you are not my parents
  • Things guys don't understand
    • Don’t try to understand me you don’t know what it’s like to be a girl.
    • When I’m on my period, I WILL cry for no reason and when it starts, I can’t make it stop.
    • I wear certain clothes because I want to, not to attract guys. So don’t say “if they really wanted to attract guys, they wouldn’t dress so slutty.” If I wanted to dress slutty, I’d do it for ME and maybe other girls, not guys.
    • If I am mad or sad, it doesn’t always mean I’m on my period. Sometimes you just need to let the tears go.
    • If I get angry for absolutely no reason I’m most likely on my period.  Don’t ask me about it.  Don’t say anything about it.  Don’t try to reason with me.  Just shut up.
    • Boobs are a lot more sensitive to jiggling than you think. This is why there’s something called the sports bra.
  • Things people don't understand about me
    • I enjoy it when you talk behind my back. It lets me know you’re jealous of me and you’re insecure and have such a shitty life that you need to make fun of other people to make you feel better.
    • Be respectful of my taste in music. It may not be the same as yours, but don’t hate on it.
    • I love my cats to death. If you annoy them into getting off my bed, I will yell at you.
  • Things people in general don’t understand
    • I will do what I want and I don't care what you think about it. If I wear a bright pink-and-blue diagonally striped skirt to school in the middle of the winter, DON'T complain. I'll do what I want, not what you want.
    • I really, really, really do not care if you don’t like me.
    • I eat what I want when I want
I hope you could relate to some of those. Or at least I hope you enjoyed them if you couldn't relate. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment