Saturday, May 17, 2014

I don't have to be a Barbie.

**If this were a YouTube video, I'd be bare-faced. So imagine me saying this without makeup on while you read this.**

This morning, though I didn't realize it, I had a life-altering realization. That's when it hit me: I don't have to be a Barbie. I have imperfections. So does everyone else.
I didn't wear foundation all day today. I still wore eyeliner, mascara, and blush because I still find it fun to apply.
Even though my skin's not perfect, I'm perfect just the way I am. I have acne and marks all over my face but so does everyone else. It's life. I don't have to have Barbie-smooth skin. I can have normal skin and still love myself the way I am and think I'm pretty. I can wear less makeup and still be confident. I can, so why don't I?
Because I used to think if I wore a lot of eye makeup, my skin had to look perfect to go along with it.
And I sort of still think that. So lately, I've been wearing just powder (not powder foundation, I need to get some of that) and blush on my face, and minimal eye makeup. It's quick and easy (takes 15 minutes) and I look and feel fantastic, without that greasy makeup feel on my face.

YAY for imperfection!

No comments:

Post a Comment