Be polite and respectful.
I have some examples, as usual, of when you shouldn't be rude.
- Don't close the door on someone's face.
- Say "please" and "thank you."
- Always try to speak in a nice and caring (yet strong and confident) voice.
- Don't ignore people.
- Don't trample people on your way down the hallway.
- Don't (nearly) knock over people's lunch trays.
- If you think Becky's ugly, keep it to yourself.
- When someone talks to you, answer them kindly and politely, no matter what they're saying and who it's coming from.
- You can hold a grudge on people, I respect that, but don't treat those people rudely because you hold a grudge.
**I am being hypocritical here as in, I often complain about people. Sometimes you do need to vent. But most of the time, I try to be nice, at least to their faces.**