But here are some examples of double standards.
- Gender: If a girl likes Starbucks, it's basic. If a guy likes it, it's weird.
- Gender: If a girl has a lot of boyfriends (toning it down to eighth grade level), she's a slut. If a guy has a lot of girlfriends, he's a player.
- Gender: It's slutty if a girl's bra straps show, but it's cool when a guy's boxers billow out of his pants. (!!!)
- Gender: In general, women recieve less pay for doing the same job as men.
- Race: Like Google says, the black soldiers (I'm guessing they're referring to the Civil War) received less pay.
- Race: If an African American raps, it's cool. If a white guy raps, he's a poser (for the most part).
- Age: It's cute for a little kid to carry around a blankie, but it's completely socially unacceptable for an older kid to do this.
I'm pretty proud of my examples there. Anyway, the moral of the story is: all genders, races, ages, etc. should be equal, although as of now, they aren't.
Side note: If you're wondering, yes I do know I haven't blogged lately. This is because I tend to run out of things to write about after having a blog for a while. I realize that this is why I keep starting new blogs. All I really need is a break, I don't need to stop blogging and start all over again in a month. So I'll be back. I just don't know when. Temporarily, I have run out of things to say. If you have a topic you want me to discuss, you can talk to me about it. :)