Monday, June 16, 2014

Goodbye Middle School.


I don't think it will really hit me until I walk into the high school on August 20 (or whenever...). And even then, it might not truly hit me. I'm guessing it will all feel like a dream; like I'm going back to middle school any day now--that's how it felt switching from elementary to middle school. It didn't really feel like MY school until the end of sixth grade.
Though it might not feel like it now, I'm practically a high schooler. Just let that sink in for a moment. Yes, you, reading this, my eighth grade friends, are almost high schoolers.
I will be a freshman in the fall. I will attend high school. I won't go to my familiar, beloved middle school anymore. I'll have new, mean teachers and a new, giant school. Oh, and a fall sport. -.-
I'll be nervous but excited.
I just can't see myself at high school, sitting in classes there. Making new friends, and possibly leaving my old ones behind. I love my current friends, and I don't want to part with them. But what if I have to? I'm taking three honors classes (if you count foreign language) and a fall sport. What am I going to do? I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.
I might never see my current school ever again once I walk through those doors at 11:19 on Friday morning I might never see my old teachers, all of whom I love and are really nice.
After this summer, who knows who I'll be friends with?

Well hey, at least I can leave all those annoying seventh graders behind (for now).

If you're wondering what inspired this post, it was when I was looking for new bands. I was exploring songs by The White Stripes, and that's when I found "We're Going to Be Friends". It triggered a lot of memories. In fact, I think it was the song they played during my fifth grade graduation slideshow. I'm actually listening to that song on repeat as I write this post. It's basically a tear-jerker for me. It just makes me so sad, so I was just in the mood to write this post. I actually found this song a couple weeks ago, but I really started listening to it a lot today.
Sorry if this got you in a sad mood.

Adieu, junior high.

No comments:

Post a Comment