Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Random jumble of thoughts.

I am still in the midst of the non-blogging period in my life, which usually occurs a few months after I get a new blog and write write write all the time. Yes, that's still happening right now. I think. I guess we won't know until it's actually over. And then I'll blog for a few months and then take another break.

A few short minutes ago, I found myself turning to texting a friend. Who is asleep. And will not answer, not a chance. And I knew that when I texted her, I just needed to get my thoughts out. So I realized this and caught myself in the act. I had nowhere to turn. Alas, here I am to share my thoughts with you. (You can be sure I looked up "alas" in the dictionary before using it here. I like using big words.)

All taken from a few long texts to my sleeping friend.
It all started when I thought about going out in public once again. You see, I've been "binge watching" (as one friend described it) Buffy the Vampire Slayer for about a week. I haven't seen the light of day in a long time. (actually, that's not true. I still have swimming.)
I thought, "what would I wear if I were to go out in public?"
Then I thought about how much I have been neglecting my beautiful skirts this summer. I'll admit, some of them don't fit, but I can still squeeze into them. Probably. In any case, I haven't been wearing them at all, due to my extreme laziness in outfit planning ever since summer started. Must be the heat.
Having made a new discovery, I see this as a good opportunity to do lots of outfit planning to maximize the amount of time that I look cute in public.
Then my mind wandered, and I started thinking about making an opportunity to dress up, and where would I go, and obviously I would take my friends too, but people have to witness out cuteness, so it has to be public. Preferably with people we know there.
And of course my mind wandered to another topic of why I like planning outfits at all. I narrowed it down to:

  1. I am obsessively organized. For example, I rotate my wearing of bikinis AND all my bottoms have tops to go with them and vice versa. ALSO, once I have a set pair of which top goes with which bottom, there is NO mixing and matching. No, because I have to rotate them, which wouldn't work if I wore one bottom with multiple tops! Simple!
  2. The "I haven't been outside in a week" thing. I'll be around living, breathing humans outside my family, which I haven't done for over a week I'm sure.
  3. I need a change. I've been doing the same thing all week. I'll make a change! I'll do serious outfit planning tomorrow. Serious I tell you! So long as I can pry myself away from Buffy.
And that's where I trailed off, hoping to continue on this blog post.
The point of this blog post is that tomorrow (between babysitting and swimming), I will do outfit planning and I will enjoy it! I will try on tons of outfits (and have to fold them all, yay) and take pictures and everything.
I'll have multiple outfits at the ready in case I need a quick outfit anytime.

If you're lucky, I'll even post the outfits on here!

No comments:

Post a Comment