Also, most of these things are from the drugstore, so you can find them too :) really though, I just can't afford all that fancy stuff, and who's gonna take me to the mall all the time?
I made a post last February about Lead in Makeup.
- Face primer: Almay Smart Shade Perfect & Correct Primer
- It doesn't actually perfect or correct, but it primes!
- Beware, it might feel a little greasy at first. If you have oily skin, this may not be for you.
- It's definitely an investment--it's $30 a bottle--but it has seriously lasted me YEARS, and it's an awesome moisturizer. 10/10 would recommend.
- This is probably too orange to use for contouring, but if you buy a darker shade, it should be fine. It's a little sparkly for some people, but I kinda like that for a bronzer.
- I really wouldn't recommend the bronzer, the blush is a little too bright pink, but the highlighter is good. It's also sparkly. It brings light to the high points on your face, and it doubles as an awesome sheer sparkly white eyeshadow!
- I love this because it gives sheer coverage, and doesn't have the heavy feeling of foundation.
- It smells a little yucky (always has... I've had it since sixth grade O_O), but aside from that, it has good coverage (but not too much) and doesn't feel TOO greasy or heavy.
- Has some coverage, is buildable, and is just a great product. I have repurchased it!
- Powder: NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder
- I just repurchased this today! It comes with a gel too, which is a plus. It might need to be paired with a brow pencil if you want precise lines, because it can come out sheer.
- Tip: You can use a matte brown eyeshadow instead. Never use black, even if your hair is black! Go for a dark brown :)
- I just bought this today, actually. Previously, I just stayed away from pencils because they were always too orange or too dark, but I found this one today and I love it! You might have to go over an area a few times to get a good color, but that's okay because it means it will never come out too dark or too harsh.
- These are super expensive. But if your hairs grow back very quickly like mine, you need one that will work and won't dull quickly. Also, they have a lifetime guarantee, so if they get dull, you can send them in to get sharpened!
- Gloss: Clinique Superbalm
- It's super moisturizing! And really smooth. And awesomely shiny.
- The gloss itself isn't particularly great, in fact it's pretty sticky. However, the color is amazing! It's a hot pink, without looking too sixth-grade, and it has beautiful gold specks of glitter.
- (Note: I love Clinique lip products, but I'm not a fan of their eyeshadows, which are too sheer.)
- This lipstick is smooth and moisturizing without sliding right off. I got it in a pretty orangey berry color (called Blushing Berry), which makes my teeth look a little yellow but it's worth it ;)
- I love these lip butters--they're not too waxy, and they stay on a long time. Plus, the Raspberry Rose Kiss flavor smells AMAZING, and the other flavors are kind of ick.
- Neutrals palette: Nude 'Tude by The Balm
- These shadows are creamy, and the colors are great!!! Unfortunately, I got it in a Walgreen's in another state, so you might not be able to find it. I looked it up, and their website looks a little sketchy... Dunno if I'd buy anything from there...
- Make sure you blend them in before putting eyeshadows on top! The eyeshadows won't budge after that, so goodbye post-base blending.
- This eyeliner has the perfect tapered marker tip I've ever seen. It's wonderful. The color is a little sheer though.
- Sorry, this is an expensive one. It's super creamy and blendable and I love it. I also like the Smashbox Waterproof Liners.
- This mascara makes my eyes look super round and it's wonderful.
Sorry if this was boring...