It's never too early to think about your Halloween costume. I would say something like "since Halloween is just around the corner..." but actually it's 2 months away so... Whatever! It's the next holiday coming up so naturally, I'm excited in advance.
Here are some cute yet lame (which is code for easy and simple) Halloween costume ideas for people who are lazy.
1. Goth girl
This is probably the easiest of the bunch, and it's probably what I'm going to do. This costume doesn't require any buying of new things, which is the best part! (Unless you don't have black lipstick. In that case, I guess you would have to buy it. You could just use eyeliner instead.)
- Just wear all black, paint your nails black, wear black eyeshadow (this is a good chance to experiment with a dark smoky eye!), and black lipstick. And be sure to forget the blush!
- To amp up the adorableness, you can wear a high waisted black lace circle skirt, a black tank top tucked in, black knee high socks, Converse, and some sort of necklace. If it's cold that night,you can wear a black blazer or cartigan too.
Just wear a plaid button-up flannel, light wash jeans, cowboy boots, and a cowboy hat. To make it sluttier, you can tie the flannel at the waist and expose your tummy.
3. Thing 1, Thing 2, and Thing 3
You can do this one with your friends! I did, 2 years ago.
- Just take any red long sleeved red shirt, and tape on a circular piece of paper with the Thing 1/2/3 logo on it. If you want to go for a more put-together look, you can do this with fabric and sew it on.
- With this, wear red pants and red Converse, Vans, or Keds.
- To make it cuter, you could put the Thing 1/2/3 logo higher up on a red tank top instead (or even stick with a short sleeved T-shirt) and tuck it into a red skirt. Wear it with red tights if you want to go all-out.
- Wear a black/gray skirt, and a black/gray tank top. Buy some cat ears at Claire's (they do sell them once it gets close enough to Halloween), and wear them.
- Wear a black skirt, or do what I did last year--I was a cat and I have this white skirt with black cat faces on it from H&M that I wore.
If you watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Angel, that's where I got the idea... No, actually that's where my friend got the idea.
- If you want to be REALLY lame, you can just be a normal person with pale skin (use a too-light foundation) and wear dark clothes. In Buffy and Angel, vampires just look like normal people before they turn.
- If you want to go all out, you can be a turned vampire with the wrinkly face and sharp teeth.
- For the sharp teeth, you can use these AWESOME fangs that you actually glue onto your teeth! I bet you could find better ones elsewhere.
- Use last year's prom dress or just a tank top with a frilly pink tutu, pink tights, a homemade wand (a painted chopstick with a pipe cleaner bent into a star shape glued on), lots of sparkles, and pink heels.
- And curly hair, too!
- And of course, don't forget the wings. They sell these at a lot of party stores and Halloween stores.
7. Pin-up girl
This look takes work to find the right outfit, but it's worth it because the end result will be amazing! Look up "pin up girl" for more outfits.
A pin-up girl is basically a vintage glam girl (in the words of my friend).
- You can wear any crop top with a sweetheart neckline and halter top straps, with a high waisted skirt (doesn't matter what style, could be pencil, circle, etc.), or dark wash high waisted shorts. If you have a dress with this kind of top, it will work even better.
- In outfits with a dress or skirt, you can add a wide belt for a more dramatic look.
- Be sure to wear heels with this look.
- Curl your hair or put it in a cute updo.
8. Elsa from Frozen
I'm guessing this will be a popular one this year!
- Find a light blue (preferably sparkly) strapless dress, and wear a sheer white shirt under it.
- Use sparkly blue and royal purple eyeshadow colors.
- Dye your hair platinum blonde if possible, and duplicate Elsa's French braid.
- Use minimal makeup.
- Do pigtails in your hair.
- Wear something that resembles Anna's outfit.
- Wear white, and put black "buttons" on your shirt.
- Use orange face paint, eyeshadow, or lipstick (if you have it?!) to color your nose orange.