Sunday, October 26, 2014

Makeup Favorites

I may be mostly off makeup right now, but that doesn't mean I dont remember everything ;) it's like riding a bike, once you do it again, it comes right back.
Also, most of these things are from the drugstore, so you can find them too :) really though, I just can't afford all that fancy stuff, and who's gonna take me to the mall all the time?
I made a post last February about Lead in Makeup.

Face

  1. Face primer: Almay Smart Shade Perfect & Correct Primer
    • It doesn't actually perfect or correct, but it primes!
  2. Pore-hiding primer: Baby Skin by Maybelline
    • Beware, it might feel a little greasy at first. If you have oily skin, this may not be for you.
  3. Moisturizer: Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion +
    • It's definitely an investment--it's $30 a bottle--but it has seriously lasted me YEARS, and it's an awesome moisturizer. 10/10 would recommend.
  4. Bronzer: Maybelline Fit Me Bronzer
    • This is probably too orange to use for contouring, but if you buy a darker shade, it should be fine. It's a little sparkly for some people, but I kinda like that for a bronzer.
  5. Highlighter: Revlon PhotoReady Sculpting Blush Palette
    • I really wouldn't recommend the bronzer, the blush is a little too bright pink, but the highlighter is good. It's also sparkly. It brings light to the high points on your face, and it doubles as an awesome sheer sparkly white eyeshadow!
  6. Blush: I don't really have an established brand of blush that I prefer, but I like darker blushes because I feel like they sculpt my face instead of just adding color. Also, sometimes I feel like a bright pink blush is just too much.
  7. BB cream: Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream
    • I love this because it gives sheer coverage, and doesn't have the heavy feeling of foundation.
  8. Foundation: Covergirl Clean (sensitive skin) Foundation
    • It smells a little yucky (always has... I've had it since sixth grade O_O), but aside from that, it has good coverage (but not too much) and doesn't feel TOO greasy or heavy.
  9. Powder: Maybelline Fit Me Powder
    • Has some coverage, is buildable, and is just a great product. I have repurchased it!
Brows
  1. Powder: NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder
    • I just repurchased this today! It comes with a gel too, which is a plus. It might need to be paired with a brow pencil if you want precise lines, because it can come out sheer.
    • Tip: You can use a matte brown eyeshadow instead. Never use black, even if your hair is black! Go for a dark brown :)
  2. Pencil: Covergirl Brow & Eye Makers
    • I just bought this today, actually. Previously, I just stayed away from pencils because they were always too orange or too dark, but I found this one today and I love it! You might have to go over an area a few times to get a good color, but that's okay because it means it will never come out too dark or too harsh.
  3. Gel: it doesn't really matter which gel you get, they're all basically the same. You can also use clear mascara. Lately I've been using the Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara or the Sonia Kashuk for Target clear brow gel. I've never used a tinted one, actually, because there aren't any at the drugstore. I'm super excited for the new Maybelline one to come out! I'll buy it right away!
  4. Tweezers: Tweezerman
    • These are super expensive. But if your hairs grow back very quickly like mine, you need one that will work and won't dull quickly. Also, they have a lifetime guarantee, so if they get dull, you can send them in to get sharpened!
Lips
  1. Gloss: Clinique Superbalm
    • It's super moisturizing! And really smooth. And awesomely shiny.
  2. Gloss #2: Clinique Long Last Glosswear in Kissyfit
    • The gloss itself isn't particularly great, in fact it's pretty sticky. However, the color is amazing! It's a hot pink, without looking too sixth-grade, and it has beautiful gold specks of glitter.
    • (Note: I love Clinique lip products, but I'm not a fan of their eyeshadows, which are too sheer.)
  3. Lipstick: L'Oreal Paris (in gold tube)
    • This lipstick is smooth and moisturizing without sliding right off. I got it in a pretty orangey berry color (called Blushing Berry), which makes my teeth look a little yellow but it's worth it ;)
  4. Lip balm: Nivea Lip Butter in Raspberry Rose Kiss
    • I love these lip butters--they're not too waxy, and they stay on a long time. Plus, the Raspberry Rose Kiss flavor smells AMAZING, and the other flavors are kind of ick.
Eyes
  1. Neutrals palette: Nude 'Tude by The Balm
    • These shadows are creamy, and the colors are great!!! Unfortunately, I got it in a Walgreen's in another state, so you might not be able to find it. I looked it up, and their website looks a little sketchy... Dunno if I'd buy anything from there...
  2. Eyeshadows in general: Urban Decay, it's a department store brand. You can find it at Sephora. Super expensive of course.
  3. NO: I don't like Maybelline or NYX for eyeshadows. The colors are too sheer, and the sparkle colors are JUST glitter and no actual eyeshadow. For the record, I'm not a fan of Maybelline's The Nudes palette.
  4. Eyeshadow primer: NYX HD Eyeshadow Base
  5. Eyeshadow base (colored): NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils
    • Make sure you blend them in before putting eyeshadows on top! The eyeshadows won't budge after that, so goodbye post-base blending.
  6. Liquid eyeliner: Revlon Colorstay
    1. This eyeliner has the perfect tapered marker tip I've ever seen. It's wonderful. The color is a little sheer though.
  7. Pencil eyeliner: MAC Technakohl Liner
    • Sorry, this is an expensive one. It's super creamy and blendable and I love it. I also like the Smashbox Waterproof Liners.
  8. Mascara: Maybelline Big Eyes Mascara
    • This mascara makes my eyes look super round and it's wonderful.
Sorry if this was boring...

No comments:

Post a Comment