Thursday, October 16, 2014

Personal Hygiene

This is a topic that I am very passionate about. One of my friends calls me a "hygiene freak," which is funny because I never even told anyone else about this aspect of my personality. I'm not sure if my friends know this about me... Awk, cause they're finding out through my blog.
I am particularly concerned about oral hygiene, and I'll tell you why.

Oral hygiene
If you read my last post, you know that ever since I got my braces off, I've been wearing a retainer. I find this quite disgusting for a number of reasons.

  • They get plaque on them throughout the day, even if I'm not eating anything whatsoever.
  • If there's food in my teeth--my molars in particular--it gets trapped in there, and when I take it out, the food is ON IT. Ewwwwww
  • The plaque is hard to get off, so I never feel like it's 100% clean.
  • I can't get the plaque off while I'm out, at school or elsewhere, so I have to put the smelly retainer BACK IN my mouth.
    • People who have metal wire retainers won't know what I'm talking about with all this plaque and smelliness, because the plastic retainer does this a lot more than the metal.
And that was just retainers, not even oral hygiene in general. I think oral hygiene in general is important because:
  • I find having plaque on my (or anyone else's) teeth gross.
    • You can scratch it off with your fingernail. That's sooooo gross.
    • It's visible.
    • You probably end up swallowing a lot of it.
    • If you brushed more, this wouldn't happen. What does that say about your oral hygiene?
  • When I floss, plaque comes out. It's actually very satisfying, after having braces for 2 years.
  • I just feel so much cleaner when my teeth and mouth are clean.
  • I am paranoid about having bad breath. I bring mint gum wherever I go. I ran out of Listerine PocketPaks strips. If you brush your teeth (and tongue) regularly, you will have better breath.
  • Your gums get stronger if you brush and floss more. That way, it won't hurt next time you decide to floss. And your dentist will be happy!
Yeah, so in general, it's just gross to have bad oral hygiene.

Hygiene Otherwise
Hygiene in general is very important. Don't smother yourself in Axe please. Just shower.
  • You don't want to be sweaty and smell bad, and it's so easy to shower and use deodorant.
  • Wash your hands after going to the bathroom. Bacteria.
  • Wash your hands after cleaning the litter box. There's germs in there that will ACTUALLY get you sick, especially if you're pregnant. (Or so I learned from The Princess Diaries...)
  • grossssssssssss just shower plz
  • Prickly, unshaved legs are very annoying. The ends of the hair is sharp and stabs me if I don't shave.
  • I can't stand having armpit stubble. That's just no.

Okay, hope you enjoyed this post! Bye!

2 comments:

  1. Your characteristics as a hygiene freak really amused me, Julia. Hahaha! There are lots of things we must consider about our oral hygiene. All the things you pointed out are definitely true. I think everyone who will get to read your post will find it beneficial, to the point of consciousness, and that is always a good thing, in my opinion. Anyway, thanks for sharing that! I wish you all the best!

    Jolanda Warren @ Buck Head Dentist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad you enjoyed the post! :D

      Delete