Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Abortion

Pro-choice or pro-life?
I was discussing this on a girls' forum app, and some great points were brought up.

Pro-choice
  • "If you call yourself pro life should you not be pro-life to every living creature on this planet? If you're not than that's very hypocritical. You're simply pro-fetus and that's fine, but don't preach to people who are pro-choice about how cruel and heartless we are."
  • "I don't believe people should be using abortion as a method of birth control, but I also don't believe abortion should be banned altogether."
  • "I believe that abortion is wrong, but I don't think it should be illegal. The government has no right telling someone what to do or not to do with their bodies."
  • "Our population is growing wildly and we don't need any more humans."
  • "I'd rather the baby not be born than risk having a life of poverty, etc."
  • "Putting the baby up for adoption isn't completely safe. Some adopted parents abuse their children, or they never get adopted."
  • "The baby isn't alive yet, so you aren't taking a life. The baby doesn't have feelings, so it couldn't decide for itself to live or not."
Pro-life
  • "Promote other options, like adoption."
  • "Animals are here for eating. They don't apply to abortion.
  • "A baby shouldn't have to die because of someone else's mistakes."
  • "Who am I to judge our population?"
  • "The baby may be alive, depending on how far in the pregnancy you are."
So I think it's obvious that I'm pro-choice. What are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment