I'm always that person who sends 5 paragraphs to their 3 words. Here's why.
This is an explanation of why I send multiple texts about something even when the recipient doesn't respond.
When something happens to me, I text someone right away to tell them about it. Usually I want to tell someone because
- It's interesting or
- I need to get it out
- I need to rant about it
But it doesn't really matter who it is, because I need to tell SOMEONE (sometimes that someone is my blog... It's like my diary). Who that someone is doesn't really matter because
- I'm not expecting any advice or a helpful response.
- I'm actually not even looking for an answer at all.
- If they don't answer, it probably won't even matter to me.
So how do I decide who to text?
- Instinct. Whatever feels right (lol)
- Whoever I texted most recently
- Whoever I talked to/hung out with recently
- The default is usually my group text, because I'm texting multiple people at once.
- Someone who is a good person to talk to/rant to.
- Friends who usually listen and agree when I rant about something
- Someone who is non-judgemental
- Someone who cares. I don't want to rant to someone who sits there going "k" to every paragraph I send.