Monday, February 23, 2015

My hobbies!

I decided to go for a light-hearted theme today.
There are a lot of things you don't know about me that I actually love (or despise, depending). Here's a list of my hobbies and interests stuff I like and things I spend my time on:

  • Classic rock. And indie pop/alternative.
  • Mornings. That's actually my favorite part of the day (during the week), believe it or not. I love waking up and eating breakfast and doing my makeup and straightening my hair and making my bed (the worst part is picking out an outfit). And I love riding to school on the bus with friends or in my car with my dad and my brother. And I savor those 15 minutes in the cafeteria I get to chat with my friends before school starts. I particularly love 9:30 days when it feels like we have all the time in the world... Until we get to school and reluctantly part ways, the sad reality of the rest of my day dawning on me.
  • Swimming - it's a big part of my life during swim season, but I do not enjoy it.
  • Minecraft. I love designing buildings and houses and architecture with my real friends and virtual friends, and getting a chance to make an impression on someone without the social anxiety I have when meeting someone face-to-face. Or getting the opportunity to work alone in silence and build something great. Although I do find mobs/monsters quite a nuisance, and mining for diamonds is tedious and usually not fruitful. And PvP is quite annoying too, I hate it when people kill me when I least expect it, when I'm in my calm state of video-game peace.
  • Cooking/baking. It's peaceful and warm and yummy.
  • I have social anxiety. That is why I prefer to stay home rather than go to school. The whole "learning" thing doesn't bother me that much. I just really can't talk to people, and I don't want to look rude. I think everyone thinks I'm judging them, when really I'm more worried about them judging me, or just their presence in general. I don't like being in the presence of people I'm not friends with.
  • I see the best in people. I like to think that everyone is beautiful, inside and/or out.
  • I love my friends. They're always there for me, and don't mind awkward silences. They always agree with me when I go off on one of my rants. My friends are probably one of my favorite things about life. I love sharing time and experiences with them, and just spending time together. I have the best friends.
  • Watching YouTube videos and TV shows for entertainment.
    • I love watching shows about empowered female protagonists, because it's something I aspire to be, and I enjoy watching girls like me do great things. I love Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Veronica Mars. I'm taking a break from watching TV for now though, I thought I'd put more time into doing more productive things.
  • Blogging. I love ranting about something I'm passionate about, and I actually love pressing buttons. Honestly, keys are so fun to press.
  • Babysitting. Sometimes babysitting isn't so fun because I haven't made friends with the kid(s) yet, which makes it hard. The first thing you need to do to establish your legitimacy as a babysitter is make friends with the kids and get them to like you. I try to be fun and engaging. But at the same time, you have to establish your hegemony, which is difficult for me. You need to be strict enough, but not so strict so that they'll hate you. But you still need the kids to go to bed at a certain time, and get off the computer when their time's up. Next, you need to get the parents to like you so they'll hire you again. I clean up after us once the kids go to bed, wash the dishes, put the kids to bed at the right time, make sure the kids have fun so they'll tell their parents all about it. Also, you have to get good at multitasking and getting everything done around the house. Take the dog out, change the baby's diaper, make lunch, wash the dishes, keep one eye on your cell in case the parents call--all while keeping your main attention on the kids and playing with them. I love kids and doing these household chores. I love dogs, babies, kids, washing dishes, and playing kiddie games.
  • Sometimes, if I come across a good book I'll read it, and love it, and get hooked. But that's seldom, as I don't usually seek out good books.

No comments:

Post a Comment