Thursday, March 19, 2015

Things Teachers Do That Overwhelm Me

Please stop doing these things. Being overwhelmed is one of the worst feelings ever.
  • When teachers assign an essay/project and then never talk about it in class. First, I want confirmation that I actually have to do this now, and second, the directions are NEVER that clear.
  • Unclear/vague directions on handouts. And they wonder why everyone's asking so many questions.
  • Group projects.
  • Projects in general.
  • When teachers don't tell you the due date until four days before it's due.
  • When teachers walk you through the first few steps of a project, and then never mention it again and expect it to be done a week later.
  • When teachers assign an out-of-class project and do other stuff IN class at the same time AND assign other homework. You do know that I have other classes' stuff to do right? And now I have double shit to do for this one class? So now I basically have six majors. YOU DID THIS TO ME
  • When teachers assign multiple things at once.
  • When they don't seem to understand that I have other classes' work to do, ALONG with other stuff to do with my life. I swim (during season and half off-season), and I babysit, and I still want to have time for myself. Is that too much to ask?
  • When they over-assign homework. Each class's homework should not take over an hour.
  • When they assign homework that's too easy and everyone already understands, and yet there's tons of problems and it takes hours.
  • When all your tests/quizzes/essays/projects are all in the same week. It makes me wonder if they collaborate to plan a good week for all of them.
  • When teachers squeeze in too much work before break or before the term ends.
  • When teachers give us extra homework to make up for snow days. You do know that we get extra days tacked onto the end of the year FOR THIS REASON, right?
  • When teachers do things that are SPECIFICALLY stated NOT to do in the school handbook.
    • "Teachers should not assign homework on drop days." *teachers proceed to assign homework on drop days*
    • "Students should not be expected to turn anything in on drop days." *teachers proceed to make due dates in drop days* IT'S BLATANTLY STATED IN THE HANDBOOK!!
  • Informing us about an upcoming test two days after our most recent test.
  • Telling us about two tests/quizzes at a time. One at a time please! I don't want to know!
  • When teachers can't explain things in a way that makes sense to anyone.
  • Having to read about black rights and things they have already drilled into our heads. WE GET IT ALREADY.
  • Hard graders.
  • Subs who grade our work differently than the real teacher.
  • Subs who are hard graders. What, you think you have the authority to do that? Well, news flash, you don't. You aren't our real teacher, you don't teach this subject or this grade on a regular basis, you don't know what you're doing.
  • Continuous vocab quizzes. They're each only 15 points, and I have to memorize 25 words for a 15 point quiz! You kidding me?! And there's no end! There's one EVERY SINGLE WEEK. That means endless studying. ENDLESS
So, bottom line is, everything about school is terrible and overwhelming and I hate school. It sounds so simple when I say it like that...

No comments:

Post a Comment