I tried gel nail polish for the first time today.
What I noticed about this kit:
- It was on sale for $48.99, down from $58.99
- The starter kit doesn't have many color options.
- The nail polishes are tiny (primer, base/top, and color). I feel like I may have to buy replacements a few manicures from now.
- Everything in it looks kinda cheapy. The labels are coming off and whatnot.
- I've never heard of this brand before. I considered getting the Sally Hansen version but it was more expensive due to the sale on this one.
- The polish wasn't very opaque. I needed 3 coats in some spots, and it still wasn't completely opaque. And I had to cure it for 60 sec between every coat, and 3 times for one hand, the other hand, and then thumbs.
- Sensationail's Pink Chiffon is a close dupe for two of my regular polishes: Sally Hansen's Wedding Bliss and Good Morning Hope by Essie. To be honest, it's not a very unique color. It's still pretty, just not the most original. I wish there were more color options.
- This brand has a small rack of more colors and a refill pack consisting of the base/top coat, primer, and cleansing thing.
- Sally Hansen has a rack of more gel colors too, and most of theirs are better. I'm assuming you can mix and match brands, but I'll let you know when I try it in an edit of this post.
- I'll also tell you how long it lasts and when it starts chipping in an edit of this post.
- (Supposedly) stays on longer
- You only have to wait 1 minute for it to dry
- It beeps at 30 sec and automatically turns off at 1 minute
- You can shove it in regular nail polish's face! like "HA! look at me now!"
- You have to wait 1 minute to dry between EACH coat, plus you can't fit all 10 fingers in at once so you have to do 3 rounds (four fingers on one hand, four fingers on the other hand, then both thumbs)
- The colors aren't the most creative
- It's expensive - the individual polishes range from $11-16 depending on the brand
- The LED light can cause cancer
- You have to soak your fingers in acetone then scrape it off to remove it.