Thursday, May 21, 2015

Inspirational/Sad Songs

1. Smile Like You Mean It - The Killers
I talked about this in my "Ten Rules to Live Life to the Fullest" post, but the main message is: don't spend your life being fake. Be genuine. You'll feel more free and less negative. Live every day like it's your last. Laugh with those you care about. Enjoy yourself. Lay in the grass and ponder the meaning of life.

2. Mr. Brightside - The Killers
This song is about a real-life girlfriend of Brandon Flowers who cheated on him. He fell in love after one kiss and let himself open up to her but she betrayed him. But looking on the "Brightside", "destiny is calling him" and he knows she wasn't the one.
A lot of people will disagree with me, but I believe the message is to live in the now. Have no regrets. Don't worry. Life has a plan for you (if you believe in that sort of thing), and everything happens for a reason.

3. Hallelujah - Panic! At the Disco
This song is about taking responsibility for your "sins" and owning it because what's done is done and you can't go back in time and take back what you've done. We are all "sinners", we have all sinned. But you just have to own up to it. We've all made mistakes, and admitting them will set you free.
(I hate to point this out, but that's a high-five emoji, not a praying emoji)

4. How to Save a Life - The Fray
This song is about saving those who desperately need your help. Suicide is a 100% preventable cause of death. Stick by your friends. They need you. If your friend has depression, please help.
It was inspired by Isaac Slade's time mentoring at a camp for troubled teens. For one boy, everyone tried to force him to quit [problem] by giving ultimatums, etc. instead of supporting him and helping him through it when that was really all he needed.

5. Paradise - Coldplay
This song is about a girl whose life wasn't what she had dreamed of as a little girl. Now when she dreams, she dreams of paradise but she feels her current situation may be paradise.
To me, the message of this song is that things may not turn out the way you wanted but that doesn't mean your current life isn't just as good. We all dream of how our lives will be one day. I dream of being married with two kids and a puppy and maybe even a white picket fence. I know I might never meet someone, or I might not be able to have kids, or maybe my significant other is allergic to dogs. But if any of the above happen, yes I'll be disappointed but I'll know that's how my life is supposed to be and I have to not only make the most of it, but love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment