- People who commit crimes don't deserve to live on this earth.
- Prison inmates sometimes get out on parole or get visited by their family. They shouldn't get that privilege.
- Lethal injection is cheaper than feeding someone and keeping someone alive in prison.
- Give them a taste of their own medicine
- They deserve it.
- Don't waste taxpayers' money on people who commit crimes by giving them life in prison.
- Tsarnaev is messed up in the head. He is insane. There's no going back.
- Other people who want to do similar things will learn that this will happen to them too.
- They will suffer for months waiting for the verdict or waiting to actually be killed.
- It's not an escape because people don't want to die. Human instinct tells you to keep yourself alive.
- "Execution is more expensive than life in prison." Which is incorrect.
- Life in prison is worse than dying.
- Dying is an escape from life in prison.
- Revenge is an animalistic instinct. We should show that we've progressed as a society.
- Inflicting death is retrogression.
- Killing someone doesn't show them how bad murdering is, because you're doing it too which makes it okay. It's hypocritical. Also they're dead so you can't show them anything.
- People who die through the death penalty are remembered. They are seen as martyrs.
- Putting someone in prison is waiting until they're forgotten.
I feel that people who commit crimes shouldn't even be allowed the privilege of inhabiting our earth. However, my brother opened my eyes as a nonsupporter of the death penalty and instead of saying "cause prison is less expensive" or "cause killing is bad", he gave me specific reasons (listed above). So I still lean towards pro-death penalty punishment but I now see where everyone's coming from.