Why I'm a feminist: because I believe in gender equality duh
Why you should be a feminist:
Most people are against feminism because
- They misunderstand the word and what "feminism" entails
- They think the crazy shit feminists do and female superiority is part of feminism
- They don't want to associate themselves with the bad connotations of feminism even though they believe in gender equality
- They never put a word to their beliefs
- They're stuck living in the past with the "chivalry" shit
- They don't understand what women go through on a daily basis with the wage gap, etc.
- Feminism includes ONLY gender equality. It doesn't include female superiority or being a crazy bitch. Some feminists are crazy bitches, but that's just because that's who they are and it has nothing to do with feminism.
- Being a feminist doesn't automatically make you a crazy bitch who believes in female superiority. That's like saying being Muslim automatically makes you a terrorist. Some Muslims are terrorists, most aren't. You shouldn't be afraid to call yourself a feminist just because some feminists take it too far and give feminism a bad reputation. Don't let feminism as a whole be tainted by the bad feminists out there.
- Now that you see this, put a word to your beliefs.
- Women need to fend for themselves. Men will not do everything for you.
- You have no idea what an average woman goes through on a daily basis. She gets paid 73% of what men get paid, she gets sexually harassed, she subconsciously worries about getting raped all the time, and on top of that she has to deal with the physical hardships of being a woman (birthing babies, periods, boobs, etc.). Women are badass, and they deserve to be equal to men. Men are in no way superior to women and should be treated like so.