Sunday, December 6, 2015

November Favorites

I normally haaaate these monthly favorites posts, but I have some makeup stuff I really want to share. There's some products and some techniques.

  1. L'Oreal Voluminous Extra-Volume Collagen mascara in Black Brown. I actually don't think it looks super voluminous. I love it because it looks natural, not clumpy, and the color matches my eyelashes to make it look not overdone with my warm toned brown hair. Some would say, "what's the point of wearing mascara if it's not black?" and I would say, "because it looks like your natural eyelashes, but better!" Overall, I like it because it looks like my natural eyelashes, but better. I don't like the waterproof formula much because it comes off at the pool but not with makeup remover (I haven't tried it with a non oil-free makeup remover though, that would probably work).
  2. Heating up the eyelash curler. This is particularly helpful when I'm not wearing mascara and I just want to curl my eyelashes, because they stay curled! This is a Pinterest hack. It's like using hair curlers overnight versus using a curling iron. I'm not sure if it's safe, because my eyelash curler is metal and rubber, but I haven't had any problems so far! ha ha...
  3. Almay Eye Makeup Remover Liquid. This makeup remover is great because it's NOT oil-free! Most makeup removers are oil free now because oil is bad for your skin, but oil is great at removing oily makeup. It's a pro at removing my NYX Color Mascara. Remember to fight oil with oil! It's like how you can't fight an oil fire with water, you gotta use the fire extinguisher or a fire blanket.
  4. Simple Cleansing Micellar Water. I use coconut oil on my eyebrows (and occasionally my eyelashes) overnight, and I use this to remove the leftover coconut oil from my eyebrows in the morning because it doesn't leave an oily makeup remover residue that will make my makeup slide off. I also use it at night occasionally to fight acne and oily skin, but I have to put the moisture back in my face with moisturizer afterward.
  5. Maybelline Baby Lips Moisturizing Lip Gloss in Pink-A-Boo. I love the color because it's sort of a nude pink color, which is perfect to add a bit of color and light to a makeup look, but also keep it natural. I love the formula because it's moisturizing and not too heavy or slippery. But I do feel ridiculous applying it in public because it looks like it's for kids.
  6. Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief moisturizer. It's great because it's a gel formula, which means it soaks in fast (under two minutes) and leaves your skin feeling dry and supple, NOT oily and lotiony. Also it's heavier than my summer moisturizer, which is perfect because it's winter.
  7. Dewy skin. I've been using powder only on spots I wear concealer (I don't wear foundation) and skipping it elsewhere. It's hard because I want my face to look matte,  but when it does, it doesn't look as good. But yeah I love the look of dewy skin. I also use a finishing spray but I'm not sure if it's doing anything.
  8. L'Oreal True Match Lumi Powder Glow Illuminator in Rose. Honestly, sometimes I use this on like most of my face. The places I use it most are on the browbone, in the tear duct area of my eyes, on my cupid's bow, and on the top of my cheekbones. They also suggest using it down the center of your nose, but I have a bit of a wide nose so that just looks kind of strange on me. There's a light pink, a dark pink, a white, and a champagne. I either use them all together, or pick one. I often use the champagne shade on my eyelids as eyeshadow, because it gives a bit of shimmer for a nice summery glow. Screw winter, I want that summery glow. I also appreciate that it has a mirror for travel.

5 comments:

  1. Hey julia @#6- Can I get thirst relief for leo d am i right ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. honestly i was shocked they named it that

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i accidentally commented the same comment multiple times -__- im an idiot

    ReplyDelete